Small worlds with that great festive spirit. Construct a magical miniature landscape in your home and let your Christmas creativity loose. Breathe life into a miniature mouse world with tiny parcels, a teensy Christmas tree and itsy bitsy cookies. Here are all the decor accents you need on a miniature scale to stage an adorable, magical minimouse Christmas.
Set up a tiny elf door so the Christmas elf can move in on the 1st of December. Elf doors are fun to install against a wall by a doorstep in your home, and then stage a cute Christmas scene around it. Accent it with a tiny ladder or steps, so the elf can climb up and down the doorstep, tiny little Christmas trees, a letter box for Christmas post, a few Christmas presents and some drifts of artificial snow. With an elf door, you’ll literally capture Christmas in a nutshell: Christmas crafting, Christmas cheer, Christmas decorations, Advent calendar, the magic and thrill of Christmas all in one.
So, what happens after you’ve installed your elf door? Well, your house elf will be busy preparing for Christmas too in his own mischievous little way. If your new resident is a prankster, he’ll be making a bit of mischief with the little ones over the countdown to Christmas. Those elfish pranks will most likely happen while the children are asleep. Sometimes, your house elf may have left a tiny Christmas present outside his door.
Five tips for fun elfish antics:
1. Your house elf has poured flour all over the sink countertop and made snow angels!
2. On the kitchen table, your resident elf has made an igloo out of sugar lumps to sleep in.
3. Your Christmas elf has wrapped the Christmas tree in toilet paper.
4. In the bathroom, your elf guest has filled the hand basin with Christmas tree baubles.
5. Your elf has parcelled up the children’s shoes in Christmas gift wrap.