For haunting Halloween looks
Halloweentime at last! Our makeup guide gives you tips for easy Halloween makeup effects for both children and adults. Discover all the suppliles every Halloween makeup artist needs for their scary art, and pick up must-have tips for the spookiest trick-or-treating looks.
Prepping for makeup – step by step:
1. Dip a makeup sponge or makeup brush in water. Squeeze or gently shake out the excess water.
2. Twirl the damp sponge or brush in the face paint palette to dissolve the paint surface slightly.
3. Don’t let the face paint get too runny, or it will leave streaks on the skin.
4. Once the face paint palette has dissolved, you can start doing the makeup.
5. Always start with the lightest colour.
Tip 1: Practise on your arm! The best palette for practising on is your own arm. Try out the effect of the paints on the underside of your arm before applying them to your face.
Tip 2: To steady your hand, rest it on the model’s head, unless you are painting yourself, that is!