Begin by applying regular makeup as a foundation.
Paint points above and below the eyes with black face paint and a makeup brush. Paint little balls at the points and paint the eyebrows black. Apply red balls on top of the black balls, and brush with red glitter gel.
Apply false lashes.
Paint lips red, and paint white teeth far out onto the cheeks in a wide grin. Paint a black, teardrop-shaped nose and leave a circle in the middle unpainted. Paint the circle red and brush with red glitter gel.
Paint a white and red collar of circus stripes on the neck. Brush red glitter gel on the red paint.
Comb back the hair and spray with white hairspray, until it looks completely dusty.
Finish the look with a black waistcoat and a rather charming circus hat, see instructions below.
Welcome to the circus ... if you dare! Allow us to introduce our terrifyingly charming ringmaster, who is guaranteed to present a ghastly good time. With a striking face painting, loads of dusty white hair spray and a stately top hat, you can transform into a scary circus star in no time at all.
To make a hat:
1. Spray paint a headband red and let dry.
2. Cut out a circle of red, glittery craft rubber, 12 cm in diameter. We used a small bowl as a template.
3. Cut out a semicircle with a semicircle in the middle, forming a 7 cm strip. (Tip! Make a template on paper first, before cutting the craft rubber.)
4. Overlap the ends of the strip and glue them together, forming a conical hat. Glue the cone to the circle.
5. Cut out a circle to fit on top of the hat. We used a glass as a template.
6. Wrap a piece of gold string a few times around the seam at the top and at the base. Glue the string in place as you wrap it.
7. Attach a narrow strip of craft rubber to the front of the hat and wind a piece of gold string on top of it.
8. Fold an 8 cm wide piece of red tulle together a few times and tie into a bow with a narrow strip of tulle. Glue the bow to one side of the hat and a spider to the other.